- Olessa was born in the former Soviet Union and migrated to the United States at the age of eight.
- In 1997, Olessa along with her family moved from Queens, NY to Long Island -- a place Olessa would call home for the next 13 years.
- Olessa graduated from Plainview-Old Bethpage J.F.K. high school in 2002 with high honors and received a scholarship to attend C.W. Post University.
- Olessa majored in Broadcast Journalism while at C.W. Post and in 2006 graduated
with the distinction of Magna Cum Laude and received the honor of being a
member of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
- Upon graduation, Olessa began working for News12 Traffic and Weather as a traffic reporter.
- Olessa's performance at News12 Traffic and Weather, earned her an opportunity to work for News12 Long Island where she was an on-air traffic reporter during the
evening news broadcast.
- In 2009, Olessa was offered a position with the NY1 News Traffic Team where she
was an on-air reporter covering all five boroughs of New York City and Westchester.
- As of January 2011, Olessa relocated to Hartford, CT to join Scot Haney, Irene
O'Connor and Eric Parker as the newest addition to WFSB Channel 3's Eyewitness News team. Olessa is the traffic reporter as well as the "Better Buddy"/fill-in co-host
for WFSB's afternoon show, Better Connecticut.
- Olessa's interests include spending time with her family, reading, and traveling.